A Society can be created by a minimum of 7 or more persons. Apart from persons from India, companies, foreigners, as well as other registered societies can also register for the Memorandum of the society. Similar to Partnership firms, society can also be either unregistered or registered. But, only the registered societies will be able to withstand consigned properties and/or have an ensemble filed against or by the society.
Society registration is maintained by state governments. Thus, the application for society registration must be created to the specific authority of the state, where the registered office of society is situated.
For Society registration, the establishing members must agree with the name of society first and then prepare for the Memorandum, followed by Rules & Regulations of the society.
Selection of a Name
When selecting a name for society registration, it is vital to understand that according to Society Act, 1860, an identical or similar name of a currently registered society will not be allowed. Moreover, the proposed name shall not suggest for any patronage of state government or government of India or fascinate the provisions of Emblem & Names Act, 1950.
Memorandum of Association
The Memorandum of society along with Rules & Regulations of society must be signed by every establishing member, witness by Gazetted Officer, Notary Public, Chartered Accountant, Oath Commissioner, Advocate, Magistrate first class or Chartered Accountant with their official stamping and complete address. The memorandum must also contain details of members of the society registration along with their names, addresses, designations, and occupations. The following document has to be prepared, submitted and signed for the sake of registration:
Requesting society registration by providing covering letter, signed by all establishing members
Duplicate copy of Memorandum of Association of society along with certified copy
Duplicate copy of Rules & Regulations of society along with duplicate copy duly signed by all establishing members
Address proof of registered office of society as well as no-objection certificate (NOC) issued by landlord
Affidavit avowed by secretary or president of society declaring relationship among subscribers
Few minutes of meeting regarding the society registration along with providing some essential documents.
1. Minimum 7 or more person required
2. Unique Name required
3. Memorandum of Association (MOA) & Article of Association (AOA)required along with rules & regulations
4. Requesting society registration by providing covering letter, signed by all establishing members
5. Duplicate copy of Memorandum of Association of society along with certified copy
6. Duplicate copy of Rules & Regulations of society along with duplicate copy duly signed by all establishing members
7. Address proof of registered office of society as well as no-objection certificate (NOC) issued by landlord
8. Affidavit avowed by secretary or president of society declaring relationship among subscribers .
9. A declaration has to be given by the president of the proposed society that he is willing and competent to hold the said post
10. List of all members with their address proof
11. Pan of all members
12. Address proof of all members (Bank Statement/Aadhar Card/Utility bill/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport)
1. Registration Certificate of Society.
2.Pan Card of Society .
3. Memorandum of Association (MOA)
4. Article of Association (AOA)
5. Stamp of Society
Copyright © 2019 HYCA FINTECH LLP. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by HYCA FINTECH LLP. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose